Sunday 5 January 2014

The seed of an idea ...

A little background about me, my name is Kate, I live in Somerset with my Tommer, my big, ginger dog, Benson, two cats, Stab and Kebab and five months ago I gave birth to the newest family member, our daughter, Jemima. So far so good, she's an awesome little character and a brilliant kick up the arse to do nice things with my life. 

We have a large vegetable patch in our garden, well, when I say 'vegetable patch' what I mean is 'potential vegetable patch'. At the moment it's a large rectangle of railway sleepers filled with some mud and lots of weeds. But man, the potential! The purpose of this blog is mainly as a motivational tool to plant, nurture and harvest my knowledge as well as some fruit and veg and make sure I don't lose interest and give up. Jemima isn't old enough to know about growing produce yet but I have a couple of years to hone my skills before I can start passing my wisdom on to her. 

I've put the feelers out to a couple of friends who are keen to help out and to share both the graft and the yield with us. With them and this blog in place I think we're destined for certain success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment